MEGA Bantam/High School Membership Program
The Minnesota Advancement Program is the Elite division within FHIT Hockey. The MAP was created for individuals who want to compete alongside elite players and be challenged by elite coaches. The MAP develops hockey players during the 8 months outside of the High School season and mentors, scouts and recruits players during the 4 months of the High School season. For 15 years, the MAP has worked tirelessly to offer everything a player needs to develop.
Each training session will consist of (3) 20 minute segments. First 20 minutes will be devoted to fundamental movement and save techniques, the focal point of this time will follow the types of situations the goalie will encounter later in the hour. The second 20-minute segment will consist of flow drills and shots from the goalie’s peers under the watchful eye of the goalie coach. The final 20 minutes will consist of a competitive game or scenario based on the focal point of that day.
*Example Tips and Screens would be a theme the goalie coaches would work on in the first 20 minutes. The drills in the second 20 would consist of tips and screens, the final 20 would award extra points for scoring on a tip or screen.
Research has supported this method of training as the most efficient way to expose skills in a way that athletes will retain them. In addition, this method tends to bring a high level of engagement from the goalies.
When: MAP runs from March (the week after the Boys State HS Tourney)–November.
We offer over 160 hours of ice.
MAP Membership Day includes:
- 1 hour of on-ice skills & position specific training
- 1 hour of off-ice development
- 1 hour of off-ice shooting & hand eye development
Additional MAP Features include:
- Player ice and dryland testing – offered every month
- Nutrition Seminars
- Competitive league and small area games
- Personal Video Database/ Unlimited Video storage
- MAP Academy access
- Guidance for Junior or College Hockey Planning
On average, players come two-three times per week. (Total number of ice hours is 160, that equals $18 per hour not including any of the shooting, or dry-land!)
Goalie Clinics will be held WEEKLY at a 3:1 goalie to coach ratio during the duration of the program
Spring Ice Schedule
1 hour of ice will be offered 5 days/week Sunday-Thursday and ice times will be between 3:00pm and 8:30pm. Sunday is Game Day. Goalie Coach on-ice for all sessions besides game day.
Summer Ice Schedule
1 hour if ice will be offered five days a week Monday-Friday. Throughout the week you will have 2 days where you skate around 9am, 2 days where you skate around 3pm and 1 day where you skate around 12pm. Friday is Game Day.
Fall Ice Schedule
1 hour of ice will be offered 5 days/week Sunday-Thursday and ice times will be between 3:00pm and 8:30pm. Sunday is Game Day.
There is a 2 step process to becoming a MAP Member for the MAP Season.
- Application: Complete the online application, you will hear from our staff within 24hours that your application has been received. All current applicants will be notified of their status after they have been scouted by a MAP Director.
- Purchase: All accepted players will be notified that they are accepted into the MAP program. Registration is complete and the players spot is secured once players have submitted a deposit for the MAP Season.
At this time The MEGA staff is only accepting 5 goalies from each graduating class.